Register

Welcome to the Crow's Nest Cruise Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesco offer

Post Thanks / Like

Tesco offer

Very nice offer from Tesco in the post this morning. I have been invited to take part in an exclusive offer of a chance for extra savings this Christmas. Spend 110 or more per week for the next 4 weeks and they will send me a 60 voucher off our next shop. However the small print says the 60 voucher can only be used in a shop of 110 or more. So, spend 550 and get 60 off.

Seeing as we spend no where close to 110 a week think I will give the offer a miss.
    Regards

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Waitrose have a better offer -75 off your first five on line shops.
    http://www.waitrose.com/home/groceri...nner-_-6-75off
    We just had our fourth delivery yesterday and got 20 off. We have never used on line delivery before but am quite impressed with the Waitrose offering.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Peter, with you on this. Our nearest Tesco is 14 mile round trip and no petrol. The next with 'cheap' petrol is 30 mile round trip. The Coop is a 10 minute walk.

Now, which is less expensive? Mmmmm!
    Cruise Ship - Ticker

Cruise Ship - Ticker

Cruise Ship - Ticker

Cruise Ship - Ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    None of these offers are any use to single people either. I had a Tesco offer - spend 40 on next four online shops and save 10 or something, but I only spend that much at Christmas or sometimes when stocking up after a holiday!
    Sharonp

Cruise Photos: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sharonp40 & http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharonsshiptravels/

2014 Funchal to Canaries, Braemar to Rouen

2015 Zaandam to S. America & Antarctica; Anthem of the Seas Maiden Paris & Bruges; Queen Victoria Cunard 175 cruise to Liverpool; Oriana to Central Med, NCL Norwegian Escape

Post Thanks / Like
    PN, our Tesco is 8 miles round trip and Sainsbury 1.5 miles, we have to drive past Sainsbury to go to Tesco, so no contest.

Sharon, agree they are also not for a couple either, our average spend is about 50 a week, so 110 is a big jump.
    Regards

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Peter, we are a couple - I can't remember the last time I spent only 50 on a weekly shop. Ours averages between 80 - 120 per week depending.

7. Likes Anthea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morrisons are doing a similar offer, but you spend 40 a week (I think) over 9 weeks and save 40 in December. I don't like it as it ties you in to going there every single week - which obviously is what they want. Now and again we like Tesco and Asda for a change.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it must just be me Bev. I spend around 250 a fortnight in Waitrose or M&S and that's without adding bits in the week or our local butcher or greengrocer. That's for two of us as well. Maybe we're just not good shoppers.
    Last edited by Sydneylover; 19-10-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Wanda

10. Likes Moosilover liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosilover View Post
    Morrisons are doing a similar offer, but you spend 40 a week (I think) over 9 weeks and save 40 in December. I don't like it as it ties you in to going there every single week - which obviously is what they want. Now and again we like Tesco and Asda for a change.
    Yes my sister was moaning about being tied in as well !! As she likes the odd week at Asda !! But I guess that is why you get the 40 Off !!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously targeted at just over your usual spend my offer is 50 for the next four weeks to get 25 of a 50 Christmas spend