Register

Welcome to the Crow's Nest.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver seas. /regent cruises

Hi
    Has anyone been in the more so called premium cruise lines such as silver seas. I appreciate they are more expensive but are they worth the extra. Money.
    What would I expect from cruising with them
    Do they do formal nights. My husband doesn't really like wearing a suit and tie but obviously would if had to but I thought I read somewhere that as long as you are dressed smartly it wasn't a problem

We are thinking of going to the Caribbean. And it is a sort of cruise I have always fancied doing. One other worry I have are they very formal type. We are only 'normal people'. If there is such a thing and dint want to feel that we are out of our depth. If you see what I mean

Any advise or help would be great thanks
    Tina

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't answer as regards to Silverseas and Regent as we have not tried them, but you might want to take a look at Azamara Club Cruises, part of RCCI have two 700 passenger ships and provide in our opinion a more upmarket experience without being at all stuffy. Prices are higher than say Celebrity but service is better, gratuities are included as are a good selection of drinks, you can pay to upgrade to a premium package but not really required unless you have a strong preference to certain brands. Dress code is resort casual so suits and ties are definitely not needed, but could be worn if you feel like it.

They have also had some reasonable deals recently such as free upgrades (inside to balcony) and free flights, so well worth a look.

Carol & John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that I will have a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been on Regent and we did not find it "Stuffy" yes they have a formal optional night but as long as you are suitably dressed, like shirt and tie then I am sure you would fit it, so it were.

Like the other poster has said Azarama are really great and also have you not looked at Oceania, they too are really good and you do not need a DJ it is resort casual and smart casual all cruise. They do not include alcohol but all non alcoholic drinks and teas and coffee are included in the fare also flight but from London.
    They too at the moment are offering free gratuities and free internet if you book before 31st March, 2014.

Hope you find something of interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I wll look up that one too x

Post Thanks / Like
    Tina, that could have been written by me! Keeley and I feel exactly the same, would love to try it but would we standout like a sore thumb? !!

Cheers

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Tinad View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone been in the more so called premium cruise lines such as silver seas. I appreciate they are more expensive but are they worth the extra. Money.
    What would I expect from cruising with them
    Do they do formal nights. My husband doesn't really like wearing a suit and tie but obviously would if had to but I thought I read somewhere that as long as you are dressed smartly it wasn't a problem

We are thinking of going to the Caribbean. And it is a sort of cruise I have always fancied doing. One other worry I have are they very formal type. We are only 'normal people'. If there is such a thing and dint want to feel that we are out of our depth. If you see what I mean

Any advise or help would be great thanks
    Tina

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also take a look at Azamara,they are now doing free land excursion (i would look at this very closely) we upgraded 1 of our drinks packages on our last cruise,There is also a free laundry on board if you need it handy fro fly cruising

Post Thanks / Like
    Gerry. It. Must be us essex lot we think we are not good enough lol.